About Marathon City 2020 Ltd.:
Marathon City 2020 Ltd. is a community-based, non-profit organization comprised of business owners, community leaders and residents who are genuinely interested in seeing our community grow and remain a thriving place to live and do business for many generations. Marathon City 2020 Ltd. is proud to sponsor the Marathon City Heritage Center, Heritage Center Park and Main Street beautification efforts. We ensure that every dollar contributed goes directly to make a positive and lasting impact within our community.
Additional Marathon City 2020 Ltd. accomplishments to date:
– Worked with a professional branding agency to develop and execute a comprehensive long-term place branding strategy for the Village of Marathon City.
– Assisted the Village Board to complete and fund the application process for the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation’s Connect Communities Program to support the focus on downtown redevelopment.
– Developed and implemented a comprehensive community survey in the summer of 2013 to gauge trends in attitudes and behaviors of residents of Marathon, surrounding communities and interested non-residents. Nearly 631 surveys were submitted.
– Oversee Main Street beautification efforts including the purchase of business district flags, American Flags and brackets, planters with flowers, and weed control efforts.
– Acquired the former Peoples State Bank branch building at the corner of First and Main streets in Marathon as the permanent location for the Heritage Center.
– Transformed the worn-out parking lot and abandoned bank drive-thru into an inviting “pocket park” with a covered stage, raised planting beds and built-in seating.
– Host of annual Main Street Music Series during summer months that brings local musicians to the community for free entertainment.
Marathon City 2020 Ltd. is officially recognized by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as a nonprofit, public benefit corporation and has been granted 501(c)(3) Tax Exempt Status. Marathon City 2020 Ltd is eligible to accept tax-deductible charitable contributions and gifts, and donors can deduct contributions made under the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) Section 170. (TIN: 47-5638829). Donations can be made by check payable to: Marathon City 2020 Ltd. (MC2020 Ltd), mailing address: PO Box 423, Marathon, WI 54448. Checks may also be submitted to the Heritage Center or Marathon Village Hall during regular hours. Thank you for your support!
Marathon City 2020 Ltd. Board Members:
Edee Zuleger – President
Jane Ritger – Vice President
Jenese Karlen – Treasurer
Cheryl Kijak – Secretary
Anna Chilsen Straub
Contact Marathon City 2020 Ltd.
Mailing address: PO Box 423, Marathon, WI 54448
If you have questions, ideas, or interest in joining Marathon City 2020 Ltd. or contributing to our efforts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Marathon City 2020 on Facebook